At last! A movie I liked this year!

I'm talking here about Hard Candy, a movie that mostly takes place inside a house, has almost no FX and there are just 3-4 players around, mostly 2 all the time. I'm not commenting anything on this movie, because it is better if you don't know a priori what it is all about. Just as a hint, it starts with child molesters. The best part of the movie is, in my humble opinion, the amazing work of the main actress, young Ellen Page. It is already on DVD and I did not even notice when it was on screen, but, if you've got stomach, I'd surely recommend it.



Another nice watching this weekend -I'd not say surprise because everyone had recommended it- was IT Crowd, about the guys (and girl) in the computer department of a big company. It is cliché gone nuts, and every episode was funnier than the previous one. I thought I could not laugh anymore after Richmond's introduction, how nuts can the script people be :D:D:D Looking forwards to next season.



I'll go into Rome season 2 next, now that my Scrubs DVDs are almost over ..

4 Response to "At last! A movie I liked this year!"

  1. Betta says:

    IT Crowd! I love IT Crowd!

    But it's not a surprise, since the writer, Graham Linehan is the same from the earlier show "Black Books" (and another great shows that I didn't see!), the story of an irish second-hand-books-seller-with-bad-temper that I love, is just brilliant! You have to see that one too!

    As for the IT Crowd (another Irish friend with bad temper!), the quotes of my trip to Ireland with my friends, fans of IT Crowd, were:

    - I'm disabled!

    - How did you enter here? I don't know!

    - Taaaaaaxi!

    PS: Jane's accent is awesome!

    Sure, IT Crowd is cool, it's a shame they only have 12 episodes :)

    There is a second season already released

    Poncho says:

    But they go so fast!!! I have watched both seasons, and you are definetly left wanting more!


    My favourite quote: "I'm sorry are you from the past?"

Powered by Blogger